Fundamental of Computer MCQ
21. Napier’s Bones performs
a. addition and subtraction
b. multiplication and division
c. only addition
d. Both (a) and (b)
22. Computer’s basic architecture was developed by
a. John Von Neumann
b. Charles Babbage
c. Blaise Pascal
d. Jordan Murn
23. In which year slide rule was developed?
24. Slide rule is also known as ………… in United States.
25. Pascaline is also known as
a. mechanical machine
b. adding machine
c. division machine
d. difference machine
BOB Assistant 2009
26. Who described the feature ‘Read one card at a time’ of tabulating machine?
a. John Von Newmann
b. Howard Aiken
c. Herman Hollerith
d. Eckert and JW Mauchly
27. ……… was the first electronic/electric programmable computing device.
28. In 17th century, who was developed mechanical devices that could perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and square roots?
29. ……… was the first digital mechanical calculator, which was designed to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. It can also extract square root by a series of repeated addition.
a. Punch card system
c. Stepped reckoner
d. ABC computer
30. The first mass-produced mechanical calculating device was
c. Punch card
DEAR READERS IF YOU FIND ANY ERROR/TYPING MISTAKE PLEASE LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENT SECTION OR E-MAIL: [email protected]
Read More Sections of Fundamental of Computer
Each section contains maximum 80 Questions. To practice more questions visit other sections.
- Fundamental of Computer Section-1
- Fundamental of Computer Section-2
- Fundamental of Computer Section-3
- Fundamental of Computer Section-4
- Fundamental of Computer Section-5
- Fundamental of Computer Section-6
- Fundamental of Computer Section-7
- Fundamental of Computer Section-8
- Fundamental of Computer Section-9
- Fundamental of Computer Section-10
- Fundamental of Computer Section-11
- Fundamental of Computer Section-12
READ MORE MCQ OF: