Fundamental of computer mcq
Fundamental of Computer MCQ
11. Choose the incorrect statement about micro computers, mini computers, etc.
a. A micro computer can be placed on a single silicon chip
b. A mini computer can have more processing capability than a mainframe model
c. A micro computer chip performs the arithmetic logic and control functions of a micro computer
d. Most micros use rigid disk storage devices rather than floppy disk drive
12. The proper definition of a modern digital computer is
a. an electronic automated machine that can solve problems involving words and numbers
b. a more sophistic and modified electronic pocket calculator
c. any machine that can perform mathematical operations
d. a machine that works on binary code
SBI PO 2010
13. Computer systems are comprised of
a. hardware, programs, information, people and networks
b. hardware, software, procedure, networks and people
c. hardware, programs, information, people and procedure
d. hardware, programs, processors, procedures, networks and people
UCO Bank PO 2011
14. Which of the following is true about the ENIAC?
a. It was an electromechanical computer
b. It was the first stored program electronic digital computer
c. It was developed by Charles Babbage
d. It used vacuum tubes in place of electromagnetic relays
15. The first electronic general purpose digital computer built by Mauchly and Eckert called ENIAC did not work on the stored program concept. How many numbers could it store in its internal memory?
16. In which year, Charles Babbage invented the computer and what was the name of his computer?
a. 1823, Analytical Engine
b. 1769, Binary Engine
c. 1849, Tuning Engine
d. 1799, Joining Engine
BANK PO 2010
17. The four major components used in Babbage’s analytical engine were input and output devices, an arithmetic unit and a
SBI Clerk 2008
18. The most important advantage of an IC is its
a. easy replacement in case of circuit failure
b. extremely high reliability
c. reduced cost
d. lower power consumption
19. Which of the following is the correct sequence of largest to smallest unit of speed of computer?
a. Millisecond < Nanosecond < Microsecond < Second< Picosecond
b. Nanosecond < Millisecond < Second < Picosecond< Microsecond
c. Second > Millisecond > Microsecond > Nanosecond> Picosecond
d. Second < Microsecond < Nanosecond < Millisecond< Picosecond
IBPS Clerk 2012
20. Which of the following is not the characteristic of difference engine?
a. To stored the program in the form of ‘pegs’
b. Used horizontal rods represent the ones, tens, hundreds
c. First general purpose computer
d. Used ‘curve plotter’ for output
BANK PO 2010
DEAR READERS IF YOU FIND ANY ERROR/TYPING MISTAKE PLEASE LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENT SECTION OR E-MAIL: [email protected]
Read More Sections of Fundamental of Computer
Each section contains maximum 80 Questions. To practice more questions visit other sections.
READ MORE MCQ OF:
|♦ Indian History||♦ Indian Polity|
|♦ Indian Geography||♦ Indian Economy|
|♦ General Science||♦ General knowledge|