Economics Multiple Choice Questions
Q41. With reference to the Finance Commission of India, which of the following statement is correct? [UPSC (Pre) 2011]
(A) It encourage the inflow of foreign capital for infrastructure development
(B) It facilitates the proper distribution of finances among the public sector undertakings
(C) It ensures transparency in financial administration
(D) None of the statements (A), (B) and (C) given is correct in this context
Q42. Which of the following is/are among the noticeable features of the recommendations of the Thirteenth Finance Commission?
1. A design for the goods and services tax and a compensation package linked to adherence to the proposed design.
2. A design for the creation of lakhs of jobs in the next ten years in consonance with India’s demographic dividend.
3. Development of a specified share of central taxes to local bodies as grants.
Select the correct answer using the codes given below. [UPSC (Pre) 2012]
(A) Only 1
(B) 2 and 3
(C) 1 and 3
(D) 1, 2 and 3
Q43. The Finance Commission is constituted for a period of m [UPPCS (Mains) 2010]
(A) 4 years
(B) 5 years
(C) 7 years
(D) 10 years
Q44. Which one of the following is irrelevant in context of share market?
[MPPCS (Pre) 2012]
Q45. Consider the following statements.
1. Sensex is based on 50 of the most important stocks available on the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
2. For calculating the Sensex, all the stock are assigned proportional weightage.
3. New York Stock Exchange is the oldest Stock Exchange in the World.
Which of the statement(s) given above is/are correct? [UPSC (Pre) 2005]
(A) Only 2
(B) 1 and 3
(C) 2 and 3
(D) None of these
Q46. The head office of National Stock Exchange of India is located at [MPPSC (Pre) 1996]
Q47. Which of the following statements in relation to Bombay Stock Exchange is correct?
[UPPCS (Pre) 2004]
(A) It is the oldest stock exchange of India
(B) It is known by the name of Dalal street
(C) It’s share index is known by the name of Sensex
(D) All of the above
Q48. Sensex includes the following securities. [UPPCS (Mains) 2005 MPPCS (Pre) 2009]
Q49. The promoter of National Stock Exchange of India is [UPPCS (Pre) 2013]
(A) State Bank of India
(B) LIC and GIC
(D) All of the above
Q50. Which of the following is correctly matched? [UPPCS (Pre) 2004]
(A) Bombay Stock Exchange – SENSEX
(B) National Stock Exchange – NYSE
(C) New York Stock Exchange – NIFTY
(D) London Stock Exchange – NIKKEI
DEAR READERS IF YOU FIND ANY ERROR/TYPING MISTAKE PLEASE LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENT SECTIONS OR E-MAIL: [email protected]
Read More Sections of Indian Economy Objective Questions
Each section contains maximum 80 Questions. To practice more questions visit other sections.